Study In New Zealand
Education in NZ
New Zealand has an internationally reputed education system. The Education Index, published with the UN’s Human Development Index in 2008, ranks New Zealand amongst the highest in the world. Based on the British education system, academic and vocational programs offered by universities and colleges in New Zealand are highly valued and are transferable globally. Students studying in NZ enjoy an amicable learning environment in small class sizes getting personalized attention from world class faculty. NZ Education system comprises of different type of education providers which include government recognized Universities, Institute(s) of Technology, Private Colleges and Polytechnics. Programs offered include courses from Certificate / Foundation level to PhD qualification. Due to a relatively low unemployment ratio and student friendly policy towards work permit & permanent residence, the country is a preferred choice for international students.
New Zealand offers distinctive advantages to Indian students looking for studying abroad. A few salient features of studying in New Zealand for Indian students are:
- New Zealand’s education system is globally recognized.
- Universities offer a friendly environment with an English speaking campus life.
- All programs approved by NZQA.
- Multiple intakes for several programs are available.
- Part time work is allowed 20 hrs. Per week, full time of 40 hrs. per week is allowed during summer break.
- Recent funds acceptable for student visa under Funds Transfer Scheme.
- 1 year job search visa on course completion of 2 year UG programs or 1 yrs. or above on completion of PG programs.
- Low density of population and demand for skilled labours make NZ an attractive destination for settlement after completion of your education.