Bridging Work Permit

  • Home
  • Bridging Work Permit
Bridging Work Permit
Need a help

Contact us by phone or submit your inquire online. We will response as soon as possible.

Request Callback

Would you like to speak to one of our consultant over phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.

    Bridging Work Permit

    Extend your work permit – Bridging open work permit

    This type of work permit lets you keep working while you wait for the results of your permanent residence application.

    You may be eligible for a bridging open work permit if:

    You applied for permanent residence

    Your current work permit expires in 4 months or less

    You have valid status on your work permit

    You are currently in Canada

    You can only qualify if you applied to one of these permanent residence programs:

    Federal Skilled Worker Program,

    Canadian Experience Class,

    Federal Skilled Trades Program,

    Provincial Nominee Program,

    Caring for Children Class, or

    Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class.

    When you apply, you must:

    Select “Open Work Permit” as the type of work permit when you complete your work permit application, and

    Pay the work permit processing fee and the Open Work Permit Holder fee.

    Supporting documents

    When you submit your work permit application, include the supporting documents listed in your document checklist and add a copy of your Acknowledgment of Receipt letter.

    For Express Entry applications, we will send the letter to your account after we get your application. For other programs, we send you the letter after we check that your application is complete.