Need a help
Contact us by phone or submit your inquire online. We will response as soon as possible.
No new applications under the farm management stream
As of March 10, 2018, we’re no longer accepting new applications under the farm management stream of the Self-Employed Persons Program. We’ll continue to process applications received before March 10, 2018.
To qualify as a self-employed person, you must have two years of relevant experience and show that you intend to become self-employed in Canada.
You must also score at least 35 points on a selection grid designed to determine whether you will be able to make an economic contribution to Canada.
Your experience is relevant if you have:
- taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level or
- been a self-employed person in cultural activities or athletics
Relevant experience for a self-employed person means at least two years of experience.
It must be during the period starting 5 years before the day you apply and ending on the day we make a decision on your application.
You can get more points if you have 3, 4, or 5 years of experience.
At a minimum, your experience must be:
- for cultural activities:
- 2 one-year periods being self-employed in cultural activities, or
- 2 one-year periods participating at a world-class level in cultural activities, or
- a combination of a one-year period described in (a), and a one-year period described in (b)
- for athletics:
- 2 one-year periods being self-employed in athletics, or
- 2 one-year periods participating at a world class level in athletics, or
- a combination of a one-year period described in (a) above, and a one-year period described in (b) above
We assess you on selection criteria that include your:
- language abilities
Medical, security checks and other requirements
You and your family members must have a medical exam and get police certificates.
You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.