Federal Skilled Worker Program

  • Home
  • Federal Skilled Worker Program
Federal Skilled Worker Program
Need a help

Contact us by phone or submit your inquire online. We will response as soon as possible.

Request Callback

Would you like to speak to one of our consultant over phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.

    Eligibility to apply as a Federal Skilled Worker (Express Entry)


    This program is for skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently.

    How this program works

    This program has minimum requirements for:

    • skilled work experience
    • language ability
    • education

    You must meet all the minimum requirements to be eligible.

    Selection factors

    If you meet all the minimum requirements, we’ll then assess your application based on:

    • age
    • education
    • work experience
    • whether you have a valid job offer
    • English and/or French language skills
    • adaptability (how well you’re likely to settle here)
    • These factors are part of a 100-point grid used to assess eligibility for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. You earn points for how well you do in each of the 6 factors.

    The current pass mark is 67 points.

    How we use selection factor points

    We use the selection factor points to assess your eligibility for the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

    Once you’re in the Express Entry pool, we use a different system to rank your profile. We select the highest-ranking candidates from the pool and invite them to apply for permanent residence.

    Minimum requirements

    Skilled work experience

    Skilled work experience means you’ve worked in 1 of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups:

    • Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
    • Professional jobs (skill level A)
    • Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)

    You must show that while working in your primary occupation you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.





    Your skilled work experience must be:

    • in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
    • within the last 10 years
    • paid work (This means you must have been paid wages or earned commission. Volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count.)
    • at least 1 year of continuous workor 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week). You can meet this in a few different ways:
      • full-time at 1 job:30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
      • equal amount in part-time:15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
      • full-time at more than 1 job:30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

    For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.

    We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

    Language ability

    You must:

    • take approved language testsin English or French for:
      • writing
      • reading
      • listening
      • speaking
    • get a minimum scoreof Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all 4 abilities
    • enter the test results in your Express Entry profile
    • Your language tests are valid for 2 years after the date of the test result. They must be valid on the day you apply for permanent residence.
    • Education
    • If you went to school in Canada, you must have a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
    • secondary (high school) or
    • post-secondary school
    • If you have foreign education, you must have:
    • a completed credential, and
    • an Educational Credential Assessment reportfrom an approved agency showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
      • secondary (high school) or
      • post-secondary school
    • Proof of funds
    • You must show that you have enough money for you and your family to settlein Canada, unless you:
    • are currently able to legally work in Canada
    • have a valid job offerfrom an employer in Canada


    You must be admissible to Canada.

    Where you can live in Canada

    You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec. The province of Quebec selects its own skilled workers. If you plan on living in Quebec, see Quebec-selected skilled workers for more information.