Visit Your Family & Friends

  • Home
  • Visit Your Family & Friends
Visit Your Family & Friends
Need a help

Contact us by phone or submit your inquire online. We will response as soon as possible.

Request Callback

Would you like to speak to one of our consultant over phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.

    Temporary Resident (Visitor) Visas And Extensions

    Every year millions of people visit Canada, many of which require a Temporary Resident Visa (“TRV”). This is also commonly referred to as a visitor or tourist visa. If you are from a country that requires a temporary resident visa to enter Canada as a visitor, you must apply for that TRV at the Canadian visa office responsible for your country or region before coming to Canada. A visa officer will review your TRV application and decide whether to issue a visa.

    Two Types Of Canadian Temporary Resident Visas

     There are two types of TRV’s: a single entry visa and a multiple entry visa. Both are valid for a fixed period and cannot be used after they expire.

    A single entry visa allows you to come to Canada only one time. Once you have left Canada, excluding travel to the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, you will need a new visa to travel back to and enter Canada.

    A multiple entry visa allows visitors to come and go from Canada for six months at a time, without having to reapply each time. It can be valid for up to 10 years, or one month before your passport expires, whichever is earlier. You must arrive in Canada on or before the expiry date on your visa.

    Extend Your Visit

     If you want to extend your visit in Canada, you must apply to do so. Check your temporary resident visa to make sure you apply before the expiry date. You should apply 30 days before your status expires.

    Work Or Study While Visiting

     Most visitors to Canada cannot work or study in Canada without a Work or Study Permit. However, if you are visiting Canada and you want to work or study there are ways to obtain a Work or Study Permit while you are still in Canada if you still have legal visitor status in Canada. In some limited cases, you are allowed to work or study without a Work or Study Permit.

    What We Will Do For You

    If you wish to visit Canada and require a temporary resident visa, our office will meticulously prepare your application package, ensuring that it more than meets the requirements as set by the visa office. Our office will put in order for you a thorough, complete and will documented TRV application. Once your application is complete, we will submit it to the visa office on your behalf. All communication to and from the visa office will be handled by our office for you until a final determination has been made on your TRV application. Should any issues arise during the processing of your TRV application at the visa office, our office will address them. Should you wish to work, study, or simply extend your stay once in Canada as a visitor, our office can also prepare and submit to Citizenship and Immigration Canada the necessary applications to work, study, or stay longer in Canada.